Sunday, June 16, 2013

Fathers' Day Breakfast

I put the apostrophe at the end of Fathers' Day on purpose. My dad had his strengths, but the emotional fortitude to be a father was not one of them. He did the best he could in other areas and for that I am grateful. I was truly blessed with the fathers of my friends and other family members. They provided me with guidance, confidence, love and stability. I can't ever thank them enough. I think of them all often and smile.

These days I have the pleasure celebrating with Fred who is the father of two human kids and now foster-father to two fur kids. This morning I decided I would celebrate his special day with a fantastic breakfast.

I started with one of my go-to favorite recipes Banana-Pecan Pancakes from Vegan with a Vengeance. These pancakes are seriously the best I've ever had. I often sub walnuts because I always seem to have those on hand. I had some breakfast sausages in the fridge. I can't figure out which book they are from, but I need to figure it out, because they are so good! The seitan bacon is from Upton Naturals. I found them at Whole Foods this week. I was pretty excited to find them in AZ as I tried their crumbles when I was visiting Chicago a couple of years ago. They are chewy, salty and smoky. I'm looking forward to a BLTA with them later on! I try to make it a rule to eat some type of raw fruit or veggie with every meal. Strawberries are awesome right now, so I cut some organic ones up to make the plate complete. Fred was a happy camper.


Happy Fathers' Day to all of you fathers out there (and to the moms who are both parents!)


No comments:

Post a Comment