Wednesday, September 10, 2014

2014 Vegan MOFO - Day 10 - Berry Berry Kale Smoothie

I'm interrupting the Chow Locally program today. I had a crazy busy day yesterday, so I am posting a backup post for today. While it does deviate from the theme, it DOES keep in line with my goal of including more raw food into my world.

I made this smoothie a couple of weeks ago and I think it may be the best one I've had. This is an excellent way to sneak some kale into the bellies of unsuspecting children (and adults as well for that matter). Use organic whenever you can. Make sure to use organic strawberries for sure as they are on the Environmental Working Groups dirty dozen list again this year. I couldn't find the smoothie pic, so enjoy this bonus butterfly from our East Coast trip.


Berry Berry Kale Smoothie

2 Servings

1 cup fresh blueberries
1 cup fresh strawberries
1 medium banana
2 cups kale, lightly packed
3/4 cup filtered water
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 pitted medjool dates
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 cup ice (optional)

Add all ingredients to blender. Blend on high until smoother. Drink and be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment